Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Nuneaton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuneaton

How do

My name is Lenton Gibley, I am new to fishing and am the landlord of the Miners Arms in Stockingford.
    I have just started fishing in the River Anker, using tripe and black pudding as bait and has been very successful catching tadpoles and sticklebacks and the odd second-hand nodder and tampon.

I enjoy fishing on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, and anglers from across the Borough are very welcome in my Pub - and if you bring along your tackle I will serve you personally a free pint of Skol Super!

I look forward to meeting new anglers!

Would one offer a group discount if I brought three coach load of American tourists to stop off at the pub, after showing them the Northampton Maggot machine? There is currently a large maggot community abroad, who are keen to see maggots in their natural habitat in the UK. In fact a recent survey, maggots were rated considerably more popular than The Conservative Party. I have a feeling they will also enjoy the black pudding and Skol super!

Comment

I have heard of such machines in Northampton, I may visit it although I'll try and get there free by hiding in the toilet on the train from Nuneaton.
      I cannot drive a motor vehicle of any type, as the DVLA banned me due my inbredness as I have six fingers and six toes, and my face deformities scare the crap out of the locals from Red Deeps.

Yes! Please bring your tourists!
      Last edited by Lenton Gibley; 28 September 2010, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that old boy! But then living in Gnuneaton would be a stain on anyone's character. I would not recommend bunking a train, purely as any member of rail staff is likely to notice someone with six fingers! Instead we can come to some agreement by providing one with a personal helicopter, in exchange for free pints for life at the pub. If this deal appeals, then please send an eels head to 'Maggot Man, Northampton Maggot Vending Machine, St.James Road, Northampton NN5 5HS', quoting reference DJIASJDFAA-8189281-JKSJDASCNAOCOAAJDO-1111/191901290119410+MDAMOAMDAMO. Thank you!

Comment

Axecellent! I'm just going to the Asda to purchase the jellied variety of eel, is this par acceptance me old cock?

Comment

Any eel is fine, although take care to ensure you are not earthed, in case you get any shock from the variety of electronic eel. If you need any advice on how to deal with these beasts, then let one know, as I recently saved on electricity rates, by building my own generator, powered exclusively by electronic eels!

Comment

one man in need of help?
              Can't catch enough.....

Comment

lenton Gibley .i`ll have a brekie instead of the skol
                but dont tel tell smarty ,Cos or Martin ,
                as they will want one as well as the beer
                [IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu272/PoleKillerphotos/dark_side_cookies.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Pole Killer View Post
                  lenton Gibley .i`ll have a brekie instead of the skol
                  but dont tel tell smarty ,Cos or Martin ,
                  as they will want one as well as the beer
                  Sadly the Enviornmental Health department banned me from serving food as we had more rats than branches of Starburger.

I am, however, allowed to provide in a zipper bag a can of Colt 45 and a bag of pork scratchings.

Ps are you from Nuneaton, Pole Killer? or are you an axe murderer wandering arounf the Polesworth area??

Comment

Have you seen Telecom Tel,i haven`t seen him in a while ,must be the camou gear he wears???????????
                    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and i am not a million miles away
                    [IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu272/PoleKillerphotos/dark_side_cookies.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Have you seen Telecom Tel,i haven`t seen him in a while ,must be the camou gear he wears???????????
                      Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and i am not a million miles away

Comment

I don't know him, but I know a guy called Timothy Taylor Rapevan!

Comment

Could give you t'lift to Northants in t'Vauxhall Viva. Mint condition, only 1,590,256 miles on t'clock. £3600 to you squire. No need for Driving License in Gnuneaton.

Comment

Stockingford.......Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                            i know a bit about the Ford
                            where abouts?

Comment

Mullet Man
                              Meadle is your man for motors

Comment

Working...
                              X