Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

moving house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving house

Hi guys,I am moving house shortley ,from derby to rugeley.Dont know much about the fishing in the area and would be pleased to recieve any info.Also i would like to join an angling club in the local area if there are any taking newbies.

All depends on what you are looking for Grumpy - you've got both the Trent and the T&M canal right on your doorstep - along with a number of commercials all withing a 10 mile (max) radius

As for clubs, if no other responses on here pop into Carthies Tackle in Armitage and enquire, but I'll also pm you details of my contact of Lea Hall Miners AC
    Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

thanks tk. are there any barbel and chub in the trent round there? we are spoilt round here with some brilliant barbel stretches on the trent,good chub and bream too.I will certainly call into Carthies Tackle for some local info. bit tied up at the mo. doing the house up ready for the big move but should be moved in about 4/5 weeks.

Comment

Coincidentally our club were scheduled to fish the Trent at Armitage but were rained off last weekend - never fished that section before so cant comment.

I personally dont know of large 'shoals' of barbel in that neck of the woods, but I do know there are some odd big uns roming about - a 14lb'er put in an appearance on the power station waters a couple of seasons ago............

Down on the other Lea Hall waters at Wolseley Bridge I know of chub, with some decent redfin fishing during the winter months when there's more colour in the river

There's also chub in the cut
        Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Working...
        X