Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Sywell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sywell

Hi all, my first trip out fishing tomorrow for years. I've been talked in to a trip out to Sywell and was wondering if anyone had any info, tips etc as there is nothing much I could find searching the web. I know it is / was a prolific tench venue but thats about it. Cheers

Welcome on board, hope you enjoy your day out, I cant help out with how its fishing but it looks like its £8 a day, no fixed feeders or method feeders, barbless hooks, so I would set up a groundbait feeder, laced with caster and corn, hookbaits caster and corn plus red maggot and a few worms.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Cheers for that Brian, much appreciated.

Comment

Let us know how you get on Dazzer!

Always good to see someone getting back into the sport!
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Will do. Cheers

Comment

It used to be a float only venue until it changed a few years back. Holds plenty of big tench and you need to put a bed of feed down for them and hopefully you will be ok. Quite weedy in places so have a chuck around with a bomb first to try to find a clear patch.

Corn both yellow and red and worms mixed in will help holding the fish in the swim.
            [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

First time out fishing in UK for ten years. Only managed one but what a fish. A 7lb 4oz male tench caught on red maggot / feeder. A personal best for me by far. It was weedy and I lost what felt a bigger fish the next cast. Straight in the weeds it went and after five minutes trying to pressure it out I gave it a liitle too much and broke my line.
              Still never mind I'm happy with the one.

Thanks for the replies and I'll be looking on here often.

Comment

Well done Dazzer, congratulations on your personal best, it is some fish.
                [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
                X