Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Indianapolis
    PANFISHING NORTH AMERICA

http://panfishing4fun.proboards98.com/

You maybe the most distant member Panfishing4fun! Welcome! Imagine your fishing is a lot different to coarse fishing (bait fishing ) in the UK!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Yeah, what is your fishing like over there??

Welcome to the site.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

In some aspects of angling we may still be in the Stone Age here in the states. With possibly the exception of Lure Fishing and Fly Fishing and lately Specimen (Carp). Coarse Angling has always been sought here, but done very crudely. The true concept of how to use a float in a given situation is extremely rare. Other concepts like "little and often" would be Greek to almost all anglers. Exception to that would be around the Chicago area and Overseas Anglers that have brought their angling skills. Buying quality tackle Match/Coarse tackle in the states is a joke, but tackle does exist if you do your homework. I frequent many of the Coarse, Match, etc. websites and do most of my ordering from the UK.

Fishing here is like... Some of the best fishing in the world. Virgin Carp what more can I say about that. A 30 is not only possible but probable once you've located them and high 20s are caught everyday by thousands of US Carpers and non-carpers just by accident. Huge Salmon, Trout, Steelhead, Pike, Perch, Bass, Catfish, Sturgeon, etc. I pursue mostly the smaller ["Panfish" Sunfishes 12 species], and numerous others, using coarse techniques I learned from foreign sites. I do put in about 60 days a year Carp Angling., but I'm not really enjoying the so-called Carp Anglers born here in the states, "they know everything". WINK!

Match is as new as Specimen Carp, somewhere around 15 years, with few exception. There are two main Match Teams. CBA (Chicago Bank Anglers) and IBA (Indiana Bank Anglers), there is a team in the making, at District of Columbia. Their U.S. inception can be credited to Micheal Keyes, Bud Yancy, Patrick Mills, and very few others.

Carp Clubs are now in most states, with a few national clubs CAG (Carp Anglers Group), ACS (American Carp Society), and a few others.

Hope this helps?
        Last edited by panfishing4fun; 26 November 2007, 01:50 PM.
        PANFISHING NORTH AMERICA

Comment

We had a member on the old TA site who used to post a few results from the mid west
          worth a look at here www.Talkangling.co.uk - Fishing USA Style

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Yes. I know them well. Although I tend to keep a low profile. Honestly, I believe the "Carp angling and Match Angling" to be a fad, here in the states.
            The techniques will stand the test of time but the groups are IMO posers. The semi-real anglers are coming from overseas. When the overseas anglers share their knowledge the Yanks claim it, promote it (and themselves), then it slowly dies off. Specimen Carp has had it's ups, downs, I feel it will hit an all time low outside of the Midwestern U.S.. in '08. Match has been here as long as Specimen Carp but I feel is still in it's infancy, more growth too come, we'll just have to see how it goes. In the big scale of things Match will be very slow to grow here, probably <1% of all U.S. anglers, Match may hit 5% someday, probably not for 50+ years.

The Winter Match League was done last year by Jedrex. A Chicago Area Tackle Shop owned and operated by a Polish Family. I met them at a Fish-In at Chicago Harbor. Very nice people, reguardless of what a few Ego-driven carpers may say about them in Indianapolis. The Polish Guys whiped the Indiana Carpers at the fFish-In. Egos we're in trouble. I loved every minute of it.
            Last edited by panfishing4fun; 5 December 2007, 05:14 AM.
            PANFISHING NORTH AMERICA

Comment

Arent there some big money matches over there though?
              Simon Young
              Admin
              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I've seen them lot winter fishing, they cut holes in the ice to fish through, they tow wooden huts (which look like an ourdoor privy) on runners out onto the ice to keep warm!!!

Comment

brian what about a match over there??????

Comment

Working...
                  X