Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Just signed up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just signed up!

Hello Everyone!

John, here from Dorridge, near Solihull. A returning angler having 'packed up' for 20 years or so whilst I discovered other things in life!

Nevertheless, my passion is back and now, even my golf is starting to take a back seat.

I started fishing the Avon at Fladbury and Charlton when I was a kid and am looking forward to getting back there as it holds so many great memories. If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it as it's been so long since I last fished there. Things must have changed from the days when we used to drop a cube of cheese into the weir pool and catch nice chub on a 5' bright blue rod!!

My 12' Shakespeare Match International is still in fine fettle and my 10' 6" split cane is a good tool for ledgering but could do with an overhall. Does anyone know a good renovator/restorer of split cane rods?

Since my 'return' I am concentrating on small rivers like the Blythe and the Alne which are proving 'testing'. I have also got a couple of day trips planned on the Evenlode and Windrush in the near future. Again, any advice and tips all welcome.

Looking forward to gaining lots of insight and instruction from these forums so keep all the info coming. If there's anything this novice can add, I will!!

All the best

John

Hi John
    No advice I'm afraid as I am also a returnee and a bit of a novice...I am now a fine example of "all the gear...no idea!!!!!!" I too remember the days of 5ft rod, lump of cheese and great chub fishing!!!!!
    Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will get heaps of great advice from those much more worthy than I !!!!!!
    Tight lines

Comment

jaypeegolf or john hi and welcome to the site you will get great advice of the lad's on here that what this forum is all about have fun.....

Comment

Working...
      X