Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Knocking your door to say "Hello"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knocking your door to say "Hello"

I'm in my early sixties living in Halesowen on the outskirts of Birmingham & have decided to take up "Course Fishing" again after a break of some 50 years.

When I was a child I used to fish Egdbaston Resevior with the split cane rods & centre pin reels that belonged to a late relative, whatever happened to the equipment I can't remember? One memory I have is purchasing a brand new Mitchell reel from a shop named Allmarks on Waterloo Rd Smethwick & where I used to buy my bait & bits & pieces from.

I have a problem, so this is where I hope you can help & point me in the right direction?

Looking at the internet, rods, reels, seatboxes (Creels to me), clothing & assosiated tackle has somewhat changed over the years.
    So what type & make of equipment do I purchase (Budget or named brands) to get me fishing & please recommend a good shop to buy from with genuine staff that will give sound truthful advice & not just sell you the tackle for the sake of a sale!

Your help will be most appreciated.

Regards,
    Mike

mike its a mine field. So much tackle out there,you best start is to tell us what sort of venue you are going to fish and how often.Then hold on tight and see what advice you are givern
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

goto mal storey's in halesowen they will sort you out and tell you of all the local venues
      MAL STOREY ANGLING CENTRE

236 HAGLEY ROAD, HAYLEY GREEN
      B63 4QQ HALESOWEN, WEST MIDLANDS

Comment

Originally posted by wiggley worm View Post
        goto mal storey's in halesowen they will sort you out and tell you of all the local venues
        MAL STOREY ANGLING CENTRE

236 HAGLEY ROAD, HAYLEY GREEN
        B63 4QQ HALESOWEN, WEST MIDLANDS
        Originally posted by Larry Teepot View Post
        mike its a mine field. So much tackle out there,you best start is to tell us what sort of venue you are going to fish and how often.Then hold on tight and see what advice you are givern
        Thanks Guys!

Comment

Working...
        X